- This event has passed.
Captivating Presentations and Science Interviews Workshop
30/09/2020 @ 8:30 pm - 10:00 pm
2 x 1.5 hour workshop for captivating presentations and giving focused, clear science interview.
Format: 2 x 1.5 hour sessions, a week apart.
Time: 10:30 AM AEST (UT+10), 30/9/20, 07/10/20
Cost: $100 (GST not charged).
We’ve all seen presenters that just knock ‘em dead. Even on quite boring subjects the audience seem to be in the palm of their hand. This workshop gives you the tools to wow the crowd and leave a lasting positive impression.
Working through practical exercises you will learn to project yourself and your content dynamically (and avoid death by Powerpoint). You’ll find out how to develop stage presence, add drama to your story and use your voice and body to connect with the audience.
You’ll learn how to give a sparkling interview, that covers what you want to say without being sidetracked, and learn how to sidestep the tricky questions.
During the workshop, you will have the opportunity to receive detailed, personalized feedback on your presentations.
Includes pre-work/homework to get the brain working before the session.
• Developing a clear message and delivering it in a way that sticks.
• Tips and tricks for making classy PowerPoint presentations.
• Connecting with your audience or interviewer and keeping them on side.
• Nailing interviews and dealing with nasty questions
• Warm ups and techniques to relax and conquer nerves
• Timing pitfalls to avoid at all cost.
• Adding that little extra magic
Who is it for?
Any scientist who wants their presentations and media appearances to stand out.